1967 Cal Cruising 46 SATORI
SATORI is ready to take your family to destinations you have only dreamed.
sa·to·ri/səˈtôrē/ noun [buddhism]
Become Enlightened Suddenly
SATORI is a very special, one of a kind, 2 owner Hull #3 Cal Cruising 46. It was originally built for Jack Jensen (founder/owner of Cal Boats) as his own personal boat. The hull of SATORI contains 3 more 55gal drums of resin than any of the other Cruising 46’s providing a silky smooth comfortable ride ensuring you not only arrive in style but in comfort. Jack Jensen sailed Europe and the Mediterranean extensively in Satori so she is a proven solid, long-range capable boat with all the amenities and comforts of home. Comfortable and stable on the move as well as on the hook. She has spent many nights in the most scenic locales the world over.
SATORI’s second owners Tom and Bobbie Vandiver purchased SATORI in 1982 directly from Jensen’s estate when he passed at an early age due to a rare blood disease. Tom, a Marine, retired firefighter and certified diesel and outboard mechanic. Bobbie, Tom’s soon-to-be wife, an Industrial Designer were living in California when they purchased SATORI. After some time prepping SATORI for their long range cruising dreams the couple was married on SATORI and sailed off into the sunset. Tom and Bobbie left land behind in 1988 and cruised the Eastern Pacific from San Diego, Cabo, the Sea of Cortez, the Baja. Eventually making their way through the Panama Canal in 1990 to explore the Caribbean. Spending the winters island hopping and the summers at their home in Pensacola, FL which is home to it’s own world renowned sailing.
SATORI is adventure ready. With a little TLC she will be taking you and your family on journeys far and wide providing memories that will last a lifetime. SATORI is Buddhist for ‘sudden enlightenment’. When you step foot on her you will see visions of the adventure and close family time that awaits onboard. SATORI has already created lasting memories for many and she can do the same for you.
SATORI is located on Bayou Chico in Pensacola, FL and is available for scheduled showings. Sea Trial is available with deposit.
Specs for 1967 Cal Cruiser 46
|Hull Type:||Fiberglass/Composite Fin w/spade rudder|
|LOA:||45.50 ft / 13.87 m|
|Beam:||12.50 ft / 3.81 m|
|Rigging Type:||Masthead Sloop|
|LWL:||37.50 ft / 11.43 m|
|Draft (max):||5.00 ft / 1.52 m|
|Displacement:||30,000 lb / 13,608 kg|
|Ballast:||8,000 lb / 3,629 kg|
|Builder:||Jensen Marine / Cal Boats (USA)|
|Designer:||C. William Lapworth|
|Potable Water Capacity:||200 gals / 757 L|
|Fuel Capacity:||380 gals / 1514 L|
All sails and soft good have been climate control stored and are all included in the sale.
- Perkins 4.236 85HP diesel engine, installed New in 1987, has 3,600 hours used and maintained by certified Marine Diesel Technician to Perkins specifications. If properly maintained this engine should last in excess of 10k hours before rebuild is necessary.
- Borg Warner Velvet Drive, 1 to 1 Redux to Vee Drive with 3 to 1 reduction
- 1 1/2″ bronze shaft to Luke Feathering 3 blade propeller 24 X 22
- Three fuel tanks, 2 under the pilot house sole each 165 gallons, one “Day” tank in the engine room 50 gallons for a total of 380 gallons
- Fuel Capacity provides a cruising range UNDER POWER of 2,356 Nautical Miles at average speed of 6.2 knots, 1550rpms
- Primary Generator: Yanmar 5KW, which also drives 120 amp DC alternator
- Cruising generator 8 KW belt driven from main engine, 1,550 RPMs. That’s right, make 8kw worth of power while cruising without using the main generator. This is a fantastic feature that allows creature comforts like AC and refrigeration without additional hours on the main generator.
- 3.5 KW Inverter which can convert battery stored DC power back into AC
- Mainsail, battenless 9.5 oz. excellent condition
- Jib 155% for Hood roller furling
- Jib 90% storm jib
- Staysail for trim when beam to broad reaching
- Spinnaker – Full size
- Reacher- 2.5 oz. Nylon
- Steadying sail for when at anchor
- MEGA Headroom!! If you are tall this is the sailboat for you! 6’3″ people have no trouble standing up in the cabins, no stooping or bending over when in the cabin!
- Aft fighting chair – Not many sailboats have their own 80lb fighting chair. Great for sitting and enjoying the scenery or landing dinner! Many billfish have been landed on SATORI
- Twin Generators. Primary 5kw westerbeke. Secondary engine drive 8kw which is fantastic for making electricity while motoring or motor sailing.
- Deck Stepped Mast to aid in going through most canals and waterways
- Fresh water, 20GPH RO Watermaker, converts saltwater to freshwater – That’s right an unlimited supply of freshwater while cruising the world! In some locales fresh water is extremely expensive and difficult to find. Having a watermaker is a valuable asset!
- Twin 100 gallon SS water tanks for a total freshwater capacity of 200 gallons.
- Steering: Warner Hydraulic steering
- Dual Station Controls: Steer from the dry climate controlled pilot house or open air cockpit
- WH Autopilot Oversized(built for 82′ sailboat)
- 3 Blade fixed spare prop onboard
- Wind Vane Sayes Rig was a prototype
- Aft fighting chair (needs new chair)
- Storm Windows Shaded Lexan
- 2 station hydraulic steering controls
- Huge Salon – comparable in size to MUCH larger sailboats
- 2 heads
- Separate shower entry from main deck (No wet feet in the cabin!! Yay!)
- Private forward stateroom
- Spacious galley and dinette
- Accommodations for 7 in comfort
- Designed for a couple to live aboard and cruise
- Interior is beautiful natural wood finishes
- 5′ draft allows for shallow water cruising allowing you to reach remote destinations
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.